Veil angel losing fins...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjldad

Aquarium Advice Freak
Had this angel about a month, med/large size angel..
Water quality good.. 0,0,5ppm Nitrate...
Came home after a couple days away and the tain fin has been reduced greatly.. I assume one of my gourami's has been picking, but I haven't whitnessed anything since I've been watching.. The only thing different this week was dosing excel to help clear up some BBA.. I did the recommended first dosage and doubled on each day for 3 days before I was away for a few days..

I've done a large water change today thinking maybe the excel upset something.. I don't see much sign of white that would be fin rot.. Plus, it was a good bit of damage in two days.. Also, I have a UV sterilizer running and super low flow to kill anything that comes through.. Just extra info...

I know I didn't ask a question, but looking for some thoughts..
Thanks for some insight..

p.s. other two angels are just fine...

It's hard to say for certain but it could be the other angels nipping too. I would QT the injured one and keep up on water changes - healing fins need clean water.

Wow, just saw my timid gourami challenging him pretty hard. Don't know what to do now.... Ugh!

Oh my.. Now I just saw one of my bloodfins nipping at him.. Wondering why it is just him.. Maybe they are all hungry.. Thoughts?

If it were me I would put him in QT asap. If damage is already done, leaving him in the main tank will only make things worse for him.

Ya, he is losing his fins because of nipping. Also bloodfins are known for nipping at long fin slow moving fish, angels being perfect.

But what to do about the actual problem.. Guess it's time to find a new home for my bloodfins.... Hmm...

I would say to move the angel to QT as the other fish will take advantage of him being weak. Especially the gouromi and other angel fish. Also if you see the bloodfins doing that then by gollie i would say it is time for a new home or another tank.

If all goes well tomorrow, should have two new tanks.. A 30g for my niece and a 29g for a girl friend.. They will have a new home soon, but ones I can visit them at.. :)

Back
Top Bottom