Velvet and Tilting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SterlingSilver

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had an outbreak of velvet! Tiger barbs in a 20 gallon. Between that and a case of internal parasites, more than half my fish did not make it. Until the Methylene Blue comes in the mail, my poor fish are stuck with heat, salt, dark, and kordon ich attack.

Peeking in today, I noticed the remaining 3 fish are now swimming tilted. I looked into nitrate poisoning, but they don't have any other symptoms and my levels are at 40ppm. Once I take care of the velvet nitrates will be lowered. Could the lack of light be affecting them?

From what I can tell, they have velvet pretty bad. Will they be able to go back in their tank after the Methylene Blue dip? I do have a quarantine tank set up just in case. They have been eating very well, and do not look skinny yet. Plus the two males keep fighting for dominance. I take that as a good sign.

The pH has been fluctuating, which may have stressed them out. Water from the tap has been jumping around the past month, and I can't get a clear reading on the test kit.

Back
Top Bottom