Very lathargic Platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

henry1245

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,

I have had a couple of Platies for 3 weeks now, and whilst one is very active and swims around the whole tank, the other one just sits in the same spot under a plant, or in the top corner of the tank by the filter, not moving.

It moves between these two spots every few hours, but thats it, i'm worried that something is wrong with it... all the other fish are happy and the amonia and nitrate levels are good... ?

Thanks
Henry

Nope, they just leave him be under the plant or in the top corner...

When i put food in, he doesn't swim to the top and go nuts like the rest of the fish, he waits for some of it to drop down and just eats a little nibble...

He must be eating quite a bit less that the other Platy as he's much smaller now and they were roughly the same size when i bought them... i've tried varied foods also (Flake, algae wafers, mosquito lavae, cucumber), but he still just seems not all there, no one is harrassing him or anything, he's not gasping for air, there's plenty of places for him to hide, etc, but he just sits in either of those 2 places... strange!

Not that i can see, fins all look good, eye's look clear... it's hard to tell if his belly is swollen but it doesn't look any bigger than the other platy.

I did have white spot 2 weeks ago, however the platies didn't show signs of it. I treated the whole tank and it cleared up within 4 days, and been fine since... not sure if perhaps the meds might have messed him up? all the other fish are ok though...

Back
Top Bottom