Very Sick guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_skyla_

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone I recently purchased a new female guppy after my other girl died giving birth. I didn't notice until i got her home in the tank that she looked sickly and had weird white stringy growths and spots on her even her eyes, she was shimmying also and was heavily pregnant. I don't have a quarantine tank so I did a 90% water change on Friday and then another 90% water change yesterday and added multicure at the reduced rate and a tiny but more tonight. So she had her fry today and seems to be swimming a lot more comfortably but looks shocking. She is still eating as much as the others.

This is the only pic I could get that was at all definable.

image-2209673684.jpg
The other side of her looks worse but I couldn't get a pic. If anyone could help me I'd appreciate it greatly. I'm so worried about all my other fish getting sick but don't have a quarantine as I mentioned and since she's already been in there would it be best to keep treating the whole tank?

She's also been quite active still and seems to like drifting in front of the filter output. Maybe it's some sort of relief from whatever it is she has

She passed away yesterday poor girl the day after she had her babies :( luckily all the other fish seem fine ill still do another water change today. I'm off to the fish shop to get another female my other girl is getting harassed like crazy. So I'm Not going back to that store I purchased her from again! My cousin that I posted about that was having problems with her guppies all died and killed off the some of her other fish with the disease spreading and she got them from the same place. We are going to send an email to them about it.

I'm soo sorry looks like a fungus my platy had it just not as bad I got Kordon rid fungus and it cured her I'm so sorry

Back
Top Bottom