Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-15-2014, 12:16 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Video: Does My Fish Seem Ok?

Hy all,

My goldfish seems rather listless all the time. I don't know if this is normal or not, so I was hoping more experienced fish keepers could take a look at this video and let me know.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Old 10-15-2014, 12:25 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Sorry, site wouldn't accept my video file.
MOV 4100 - YouTube

Old 10-15-2014, 12:58 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok first no video link ??

Second you did not give us any info on your tank or fish.

Before posting about unhealthy fish, read this!

My first advice...do a big water change. At least 1/2 of the tank. Use Prime on the new water.

Test your tank with a liquid test kit.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Coursair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:38 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Hy, I have a test kit and test my water regularly, nitrite and nitrate are very low. PH is slightly above 7. No ammonia. Hardness is low as well.

I really just want to see what someone thinks of his behaviour in the video. Sorry it wouldn't embed the video file but I've uploaded a youtube link as can be seen above.

Thanks again.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:53 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to sinibotia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishiesAreCute View Post
Hy, I have a test kit and test my water regularly, nitrite and nitrate are very low. PH is slightly above 7. No ammonia. Hardness is low as well.

I really just want to see what someone thinks of his behaviour in the video. Sorry it wouldn't embed the video file but I've uploaded a youtube link as can be seen above.

Thanks again.
He does look somewhat distressed to me. Can you give some more information about the fish and the tank? The more information the better.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:02 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Sure. It's 30 gallons. I use a gravel and coral mix substrate. I use tap water treated with stress coat. I have an aqueon filter rated up to 40 gallons. There are no other fish in the tank. I feed him sinking shrimp pellets. I'm trying to give him more varied foods but he doesn't take to veggies for some reason. I do 30% water changes weekly.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:08 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to sinibotia
Well, as far as I can see the goldfish is either a comet or a shubunken (sp?). So they are generally pretty active. He may want some more space- in fact, he'd probably be better off in a pond when he gets bigger.

Some more decorations might make him feel a little less listless I suppose, but otherwise maybe he's just a hyper little goldfish.

Definitely mix up the diet though. If you have to, fast him for a little while and then give him some greens. Fish can go for a pretty long time without food, so unless he refuses to eat them for more than a week you'll be fine.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:24 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

I use a Veggie Clip for greens. It hold them still for the fish. You can freeze or blanch the greens and veggies to soften them.

Get sinking Goldfish Food. Shrimp pellets are too much protein as the only food. They need a veggie based diet. Algae wafers, de shelled Green Peas, Omega One makes some good food.
http://www.omegasea.net/products/nut...oldfish-flakes
http://www.omegasea.net/products/nut.../veggie-rounds

Learn to read labels. Too much grain like Corn or Wheat as first ingredients mean it's mostly filler. Fish Meal isn't great either.

http://completegoldfishcare.com/gold...sh-food-guide/

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coursair is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fish, video

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com