Warning: Graphic Image

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

futurestep9169

Aquarium Advice Regular
Help! I turned my aquarium lights on today to find this! (See pic)

I have a 55g with:
3x Tiger Barbs (#4 is no more obviously)
4x Green Barbs
1x baby firemouth cichlid
1 small common Pleco
3x silver dollars

I think the deceased is the one I noticed missing a mouth/lip the other day :(

Attachments

• image-4119189358.jpg
    image-4119189358.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 77
Hmm..maybe it was just sick before and the tetras got after it? Or maybe the pleco..? Is the firemouth aggressive at all? Was it caught in a filter when you found it?

Hmm..maybe it was just sick before and the tetras got after it? Or maybe the pleco..? Is the firemouth aggressive at all? Was it caught in a filter when you found it?

Naw, he was floating around in the current (I have two strong HOB filters) and the other fish were ignoring him. I knew he was going to die because he could not eat with his mouth the way it was. However, up until last night he was swimming around with the rest of the school of tiger barbs and seemed fine. The firemouth is not aggressive at all..he is small and shy because he is the only one of his kind. He hangs out with the silver dollars and schools with them. What do you think killed him? Or do you think he died naturally and then they ate him? I didn't think any of the fish I have were cannibalistic :-(

Naw, he was floating around in the current (I have two strong HOB filters) and the other fish were ignoring him. I knew he was going to die because he could not eat with his mouth the way it was. However, up until last night he was swimming around with the rest of the school of tiger barbs and seemed fine. The firemouth is not aggressive at all..he is small and shy because he is the only one of his kind. He hangs out with the silver dollars and schools with them. What do you think killed him? Or do you think he died naturally and then they ate him? I didn't think any of the fish I have were cannibalistic :-(

He probably just died and they ate the part that was already started for them. And almost all fish will eat other dead fish..and always nibble on dying fish too.

Back
Top Bottom