Weird growth on Gourami - what is it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Hey gang.
Here's the info:
Blue Gouarmi - had him about 3 months or so
55 gallon tank, emperor 300 hob filter, ugf
Tanks been set up for ~ 6 months
Ammonia: 0
Nitrites: 0
Nitrates 20-40 ish
Ph 7.2

I haven't added anything to the tank for months, all other fish are doing just fine.
Anyways, here's my question. A few weeks ago, on the one side of him, I noticed a spot on him near the back of his body around where he gets slimmer to where his tail is. It looks sort of like a pimple. (that would be my closest description) Its a pale pale red color. It first was a small clump, then grew to be bigger, and now has went down in size, and looks as tho its spread to 3 SMALL clumps now. His eating habits are the same as usual - tetra granuals, sprinula pellets. I've done regular pwc and haven't treated it for anything as of yet. I'll try and post a pic if he'll stay long enough for me to get one. Anyone have any idea as to what this could be and what it could be treated with? (no its not the disease that looks like cotton, because its not white) It resembles a pimple, its a bump of this stuff. whatever it might be.
TIA
-Stewie

Well, its kind of both yeah and nay. Its not white like that, its a pinkish color, and almost puts you in mind of a small brain on the side of his body. (the coloration and the design of it) (if you can picture that, its like a bump with wiggly lines that make up the bump) I did another pwc last night i'll add salt when I get home and see how things go. I've researched this, but couldn't find anything even similar to what it could be. Thanks for the reply tho.
-Stewie

Ahh, after a closer look, the bass picture (2nd one in from the left) looks to be SIMALAR but not quite exact. Thanks I'm guessing it is Lymphocystis.
-Stewie

Back
Top Bottom