Well lets make that 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waterlilly

Aquarium Advice Activist
:cry: Well our five-banded barbs are slowly dying off i think by tomorrow morning all will dead :( then we will wait foe about 2 weeks too put the betta back in there and try again with some harlequin rasboras or something to that affect.

We had to kill two of them cause they where suffering very bad the would swim around for a bit then float on to there back and then sink and then come back up and swim and the flip to there back and sink again so we had to kill them.

Another just bit the dust on his own so we have one to go not sure when he will go or if he will go but we will see in the morning i guess.

Sorry. Do you know why they are dying?

We have been fighting ICH for about a week and a half now they where still very new and so they did not have a good amuin (sp?) system at the time it came on.

Thanks Meridith

Very sorry to hear. It seems the stress of new fish makes so many of them easy targets for disease. I hope your next batch does better!

Sorry to hear this. :(

If it makes you feel any better, some batches of fish are doomed to die before you buy them. As an example, I recently bought 6 julii corys - three died during acclimating, and the other three died over the course of two weeks. The day after the first three died, I bought another six from a different lfs. Three weeks later, they're all healthy.

Sounds like you just got a sick batch of tigers. Get another batch, and hopefully you'll have better luck.

Back
Top Bottom