What do I do!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blackcherry123

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:confused: I don't know what's wrong with my black neon tetra, can someone help me? Please?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 80
He doesn't eat or hang out with the other black neon tetra and one time his jaw was stuck open but I help fix that problem, so right now I just want to know what's wrong with him, like whether or not he has neon tetra disease because I don't want all my other tetras to die too. :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 60
Hello Lady...

If your fish has the "ich" parasite and was in the main tank, you need to put the fish back and start removing and replacing half the tank water every 2 to 3 days.

Add a bit of standard aquarium salt to the new, treated tap water. A teaspoon for every 5 gallons of the new water.

Turn the lights off in the tank and in the room too and increase the water temp to 80 degrees.

Reduce the feeding to a little, 2 times a week. Keep this up for a minimum of a couple of weeks or until you see improvement in the fishes' health.

B

Hello Lady...

If your fish has the "ich" parasite and was in the main tank, you need to put the fish back and start removing and replacing half the tank water every 2 to 3 days.

Add a bit of standard aquarium salt to the new, treated tap water. A teaspoon for every 5 gallons of the new water.

Turn the lights off in the tank and in the room too and increase the water temp to 80 degrees.

Reduce the feeding to a little, 2 times a week. Keep this up for a minimum of a couple of weeks or until you see improvement in the fishes' health.

B

I'm at 88degrees for the first 4 days then dropping to 84 cuz I can't use salt for the loaches but this is not my post my fish are tolerating this. And yep treating the whole tank and doing water change on the 4th day cuz I work....can u help this op's neon?i donno what's wrong with it

If you suspect neon tetra disease, then you probably know there is no cure for it. It's not only in neon tetras. But the pic just shows a fish that has little colour, which is not normal for this species, and may be indicative of serious trouble.

You say he is not eating, and staying by himself. Can he swim ok ? Any other symptom other than not eating and staying alone, and for how long has he been refusing food ?

There is an excellent article on this ailment here.
http://www.fishchannel.com/fish-health/freshwater-conditions/neon-tetra-disease.aspx

If there is any chance it IS neon tetra disease,, the best chance for your remaining fish would be to remove this one ASAP.. either to a QT, or euthanize it humanely. There is no cure, and while some other things look like NTD, they're mostly not curable either, so euthanasia may save this fish suffering, and prevent him passing on whatever his trouble is to the other fish.

Back
Top Bottom