What happened??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmckee727

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, I've had a pink gourami going on 2 years and I noticed earlier he was laying on the bottom breathing slower than normal. Now he is on the bottom propped on the side NOT breathing. I checked prams and everything is good and everyone else is fine. He was regularly fed and taken care of but was still only about 4", any ideas? Thanks

Not sure what you mean by generally tanks, all prams are normal including temp and feeding. Thanks for responding

All prams are either safe or neutral and temp is 75F, and 15 dGH.

I think most people want exact readings from your tests as well as tank size tank mates and any changes in the last 30 days including cleanings.

With this info these guys can better guess what may have happned.

Fed daily with flakes and/or algae tabs, bloodworms or shrimp. On occasion blanched cucumbers or peas. I kept with prams set for species. Not sure if I should add a new one or a crazy Oscar or add a few more giant danios or a lotta tetras..I LOVE TETRAS!!

I think most people want exact readings from your tests as well as tank size tank mates and any changes in the last 30 days including cleanings.

With this info these guys can better guess what may have happned.

Brad M, I like that!

How many ppm or parts per million are your nitrates at? How often and how much water do you change?

Again, my prams are fine, I'm not going to type them out when I know what the required is for the species. Tank mates- giant danios/ pleco/ and few tetras who were never harassed by 1 lemon and 4 red eyes.

Hmm ok so assuming it was not water quality related then... any abnormal behavior before the other day? You said fed normally so this also means he was eating the food fed to him?

What about his activity was he hiding allot or acting off before this?

Hmm ok so assuming it was not water quality related then... any abnormal behavior before the other day? You said fed normally so this also means he was eating the food fed to him?

What about his activity was he hiding allot or acting off before this?

No, it was very strange when I seen him not darting across the tank during feeding? A couple months ago he had a cloudy eye but shook it and was doing fine? Just laying at the bottom then a few hrs later.. Not breathing.

Back
Top Bottom