What is going on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IHaveAquariums

Aquarium Advice Freak
Alright so. 1 of my 3 angels in my 36g died recently. Stopped eating and started gasping for air. Dead within 24 hours. Now, moving the tank to another room, I found one of my emerald Cory's dead. Everyone else seems alright for now. I have 2 aqueon filters on the tank one with 250gph and the other I'm not sure it's an older model before the led pros and that's all I can find. So adequate filtration. Stock - 2 angels 20ish danios 3 corys 2 nerites and pond snails. I have added salt to the tank as a precaution or extra measure and halved the dose for now. Anything I can do to help/watch out for? My filter media is one of the aqueon pads that came with when I got the tank from Craigslist and the other has a laundry bag with lavarock and a carbon bag too

As noted previously, your Angel likely died from Columnaris, a variety of very lethal bacteria. The latest casualty could be related. Just keep the tank clean, don't over feed, and ride it out. With luck, maybe no more losses.

Back
Top Bottom