What is this??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ashindle

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently notices a fuzzy white spot on my pearl goiramis head. I places him into the qt and began treating for ick. After a day the whit spot was gone but a dark spot remained where the fuzzy spot was. Now I'm treating my 55gal main tank for ick as I noticed a rasbora with some ick like symptoms. Today I saw these white spots all over a piece of drift wood and also in my qt tank... Any ideas? Is this a fungus or something? Any help would be much appreciated..

Attachments

• image-3951960767.jpg
    image-3951960767.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 64
  • image-661744149.jpg
    image-661744149.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 57
Right between his eyes.. Dark discoloration. Had a fuzzy spot there two days ago

Attachments

• image-223055594.jpg
    image-223055594.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 58
Ich does not stick to glass or decor. The dark spot, if it not changing, may just be minor scale damage from what was there before and may resolve with time.

Do you have a nerite snail ? They look like they might be nerite eggs, though I have never seen them lay on bare glass. Any chance you had a pregnant fish of any kind ? They look like eggs more than anything else.

They will ? Never seen that. Mine prefer their wood, or rocks.. what species of nerite do you have ?

LOL my DW looks like it has white measles! Every crevice and nook and cranny.

Plain old Zebra Nerite.

But I watched mine lay eggs on the glass. First just saw them on the glass then actually saw it depositing them on the glass ....crawl 1.5-2 inches egg 1.5" then egg and so on. I was disappointed as then I found out they wouldn't hatch in my FW tank. :(

Other fish could have laid eggs too though!

Ya have a few nerites... Thanks for the help, all fish are ok! Got concerned cause is couldn't figure out how the spots (snail eggs) got into my qt tank that has no snail. Then I saw the huge floating water sprite I put in the qt tank... Duh!

Back
Top Bottom