What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em1981ma

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My ryukin has skin tags on her tail they disappear and reappear weeks later. They are white with red around the white skin tag. I've just treated for ich. Although this doesn't look quite like ich. Hard to get a PIC. I have done three dozes of parazin p in past for these. No success. She doesn't seem to be affected by this and v.healthy eats v well and no abnormal behaviour.
I'll attach pics. But not easy to get them.

Sent from my Harrier Mini from EE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1448356347730.jpg
    1448356347730.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 1448356363185.jpg
    1448356363185.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 56
  • 1448356382058.jpg
    1448356382058.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 61
What exactly isean by the spines of the fins. Do you mean the top edge?

I just had Google on line at fish anatomy. Yes I believe they are. I will have a good look tonight after work.

They do appear to show up on the thin lines on the tail and fins.

Could be minor injury damage to those which forms a small nodule or cyst. I've seen these on the angel fish every so often. They turn up and go eventually.

I'm not aware of any issues with these but would be good to get a second opinion.

Are you seeing any red lines or red streaks radiating off (or out from) the skin tags? That might indicate some minor bacterial infection which I thought to mention just in case.

I don't think its cause by an injury. These nodules 'skin tags' have appeared 3 times now they disappear and come back in different places on the tail and fins. Had 3 occurances like once every four weeks roughly. Hence why I treated 3 times with parazin p and then ich. But there larger than ich. Only affecting the fins. Nothing on body. Like a white skin tag surrounded by redness. A circle of red. I thought at first it was a white worm. But isn't looks nothing like anchor worm. No one else in my tank has this. I would assume if it was a parasite by now. Others would be affected.

Bit of back ground. 4fancies in subtropical 465litre tank. 1variatus platy, 1wcm,3danios (phasing out little guys) parameters on last test am 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 5-10 pH 7.6-7.7

Lymphocystis- Someone on here mentioned this to me before and im beginning to suspect it is this as i have treated for parasites several times. I have to hope this will eventually go away by itself. Looks like theres not particular cure.

My moor has developed same thing.

What is this. I've used anti fungus and finrot. To no avail. All meds just make him bottom sit. Using parazin p caused all his problems. He developed slime coat then was bullied and tail was ripped apart . irehomed bullies. His tail is healing v well. But these appeared. And his getting more of the skintag type things on tail just like ryukin. She would hover near him when he would bottom sit.

Attachments

• 1449565692786.jpg
    1449565692786.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 36
Some more pics.

Attachments

• 1449565869387.jpg
    1449565869387.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 1449565883983.jpg
    1449565883983.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 39
I've used so many meds in the last month or so. I would rather not use any.

I'm thinking its viral. Rather than paradsite. As other two Goldie's haven't got. This is third time ryukin has this Skintags she's normal in behaviour. Perhaps moor was infected via open wounds from the tail splits. Apparently no cure for lympo viral infections. Waters v good. Tested today. 0am 0 nitirite. Nitrate 5-10ppm.

Going to see how this goes. Keep the. Stress free. And see if it clears up.

Back
Top Bottom