What is this ....and how do I get rid of it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newcomer

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey Everybody... I have my 10 gallon with a hagen mini filter...just replaced the stage 1. Now I have a new problem I have a red moldy substance.. If I took a picture of it how do I go about posting it..

Thanks again

in the article you mentioned it said that an algea eater will work now what kind should I get ...I only have a 10 gallon with 9 fish in it already...however I can remove a fish to make room for two cat's maybe?.. I have no idea...some info please..

thanks

which of these stay quite small.. I have alot of fish in there already. cannot get something that grow's too big.

Corry Cats. get 2 or 3 of them.

Do NOT buy CAEs, since they grow to just about a foot long. To large for a 10gal

Thanks William for your help I'm offf to the pet store....are albino corry cat's ok I hope.. I think they just got some in..

C'Ya 0X

As long as your tanks done cycling, yes.

I have 3 Albino Corys in a tank with my betta and I swear they're the funniest fish in the world to watch :D

They even headbutt my betta from tiem to time, He dosn't seem to care tho 0X

Yea, and anything else not moving on the floor of the tank, I have 6 of them and it's a blast watching them.

Yeah and that tank is already overstocked. Nothing else should be added to that tank. 9 fish is already too many for a 10g. No matter what fish they are 9 are going to be too many for a 10g. The reason theres algae in the first place is due to over abundance in nutrients. Water changes and scrubbing decorations are the only way to remove algae. Corys don't even eat algae off the rocks.

Ok so what do I get to eat the alge? I thought the cories were eating it. guess the lfs strikes again.

I'm getting an algae problem after medicating my fish, and have two cory's and they don't seem to be eating the algae...... :? I have mollies, redwags, and sword tails. Is there no sure fire algae eradication method out there? :eek: By the way, the medication was CopperSafe, and Maracyn-Two, both by Mardel.

I have 2 albino corydoras catfishes and they do not eat algae; they are scavengers. However I have not had "red" algae. Maybe that is different from the regular green/brown algae.
I have used a bristle nose pleco to successfully control my green/brown algae

Cories may eat SOME algae, but they're not really algae eaters so they won't be that efficient at it.

You need some kind of suckermouth catfish--CAE, SAE, Otos, Flying Foxes or plecos...

You could try snails or shrimp, too.

Back
Top Bottom