What is this ball on my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

insanegirl

Aquarium Advice Activist
What is this ball on my fish. It been growing. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1476154338.852514.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1476154352.893373.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1476154368.885334.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1476154406.944495.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It appears to be a blister of sorts. You might try salt baths to see if that will help absorb the fluid or if you puncture it, ( a more extreme remedy) be prepared to separate the fish into a hospital tank and medicate against potential bacterial or fungal diseases attacking the wound.
Hope this helps (y)

I got this excerpt from another site. See if it holds true from your situation:
Gas bubble disease

Gas Bubble Disease is caused by a sudden dramatic change in gas pressure in the aquarium. This can happen by changing too much water at one time or by adding cold water to the fish tank. Gas bubbles form in the fins and skin of the fish. The bubbles look like blisters and are very easy to see. The skin will crackle if you run your finger across it. If not treated in time, gas bubbles in the bloodstream will kill the fish. The treatment is to add alot of aeration to the aquarium. Lights should be left off to minimize stress. If you see alot of bubbles that have already popped, consider adding a general antibiotic to guard against secondary infection

Back
Top Bottom