What is this on my Tiger Barb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcmcn5

Aquarium Advice Regular
One of my Barbs has this white fuzzy fungus thing on its underside. It's not Ich, this is too large and localized to one spot. Attempting to upload a picture

Attachments

• 3-6-14.jpg
    3-6-14.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 92
Additional Pictures

Here are a few additional pictures of this fuzzy white appendage

Attachments

• Tiger Barb2.jpg
    Tiger Barb2.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Barb 3.jpg
    Barb 3.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 96
If additional information is needed, my set-up is a 40 gallon fresh water breeder, filtered by a Filstar XP-S and additional circulation is provided by a, Aqueon Circulation pump. Tank is well planted with a half sand substrate and half red flourite. Large piece of driftwood centers the tank with plenty of smaller rocks around.

Water parameters:
PH 8 (out municipal water is high in ph and comes out of tap at o.25 ppm of ammonia
Ammonia -- as above 0.25
Nitite 0
Nitrate 40 ppm. 50% water change weekly. Fed once a day. Plant light on 1/3 of the day.

Can't think of anything else. The tank has never really been sick. I had one barb die shortly after introduction, but that was months ago. Since then, it's been a great tank.

Some kind of fungus.I'd recommend adding freshwater salt in the tank and see what happens but try and do some research .I'm sure someone will come along with better advice

Sent from my LT28at using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom