what is wrong with my betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skargo2009

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im really worried about my betta and i dont know whats wrong with him. Over the past few days ive noticed he has been lying on the bottom of the tank.

He will swim to the top of the tank for some air, then goes back down to the bottom. Ive only had him for about a month.

He lives in a planted 10 gallon tank which is heated and filtered. He lives with a few neon tetras and some ghost shrimp and they are all acting fine

Im really worried about my betta and i dont know whats wrong with him. Over the past few days ive noticed he has been lying on the bottom of the tank.

He will swim to the top of the tank for some air, then goes back down to the bottom. Ive only had him for about a month.

He lives in a planted 10 gallon tank which is heated and filtered. He lives with a few neon tetras and some ghost shrimp and they are all acting fine
Hi skargo2009:

Is he eating? Can you see anything unusual on his body or fins? How old is he? What are the current water parameters in the tank?

Hi skargo2009:

Is he eating? Can you see anything unusual on his body or fins? How old is he? What are the current water parameters in the tank?

Sadly he died sometime last night. But when he was still alive he hadnt been eating for the past few days. And id noticed his colour had faded.

Ammonia is at 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10

Im not sure how old he was but im guessing he was maybe around 6 months old or a bit older when i got him. I dont think he was even a year old. And id only had him a couple of months

Back
Top Bottom