What is wrong with my fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

needhelpquick

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, my fish has recently developed what i think look like bloodshots? they started by his fins but are now covering a large proportion of its body. I've had this fish for about 10 years, we believe it to be a pond carp not a goldfish. I have had one other but it died only two weeks ago, could this have an effect?

I have put photos onto my page and i would appreciate if anyone could look and advise me what to do, because i have no clue?!

Thanks Nick

To add (following reading the 'Before posting...', nothing I do has recently changed, and i changed the water (about a 75% change) last night.
Also i think its a 15 gallon tank? possible. I feed the fish pellets like i have for last 10 years
Thanks

Hard to see in the pics, but are his eyes cloudy? Also raise temp in water to about 86 degrees.. Id start by using aquarium salt.. Follow instructions on it... Could be an ifection of some sort.. Also note if hes eating at all, swimming funny, breathing funny, Hanging at top of water??

His eyes aren't cloudy just in the pictures. Ok, what is the best way to raise the temperature? Will standard salt work? so i saw this on another forum.
He's eating fine but swimming funny, more erratic! breathing is normal and spends quite a lot near the top but no chance there

He most likely needs more oxygen at the moment with his infection id add a bubbler.. Use salt directed for aquariums and follow the instructions on it

I have added a second filter to increase oxygen as i dont have a bubbler. Also I have added a third photo hopefully you can see the red spots more clearly on this one

Back
Top Bottom