What is wrong with my goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi! I can't tell from the photo, but I was wondering how old your goldfish is. Some goodies,I have one Leo, has changed colors thoughout his three years as he grew: he was amost black as a young fish, became almost a pewter, added some black, added some some gold, lost the black and now is a yellowy gold. Most of my other fish have stayed in the same pallet. Perhaps your fish is like Leo!

I tried to look again at the photo larger--on my computer--but only saw a bit more. Thank you for your description. I can't remember exactly how Leo's color has changed--only that the new color started in one place, spread and eventually the old color just seemed to fade away. Has anything else changed for the goldfish--new or different food, different amount or type of light (Some pond comets get darker when they get no sun during the winter)

Is he/she eating and acting okay?

I agree it is very common for Goldfish to change color. If he is healthy in every other aspect then I wouldn't worry.

My Oranda was solid chocolate and is now 90% orange, the Panda was only black & white- now has orange as well, and my Pearl scale was orange and white- now has red as well. My Ryunkins and Black Moores have not changed at all btw.

Good luck,

Julie

Yep they will change color at anytime. My Fancy Fantail went from silver with a hint of calico and is now silver and black.

My GF is a Raiders fan, so she's happy with it :).

I have only had my four goldfish for a month, but one turned real black after I got them, but is now back to almost all orange. I read that this can be due to stress from the new environment or from another fish bothering it. I also caught one's dorsal fin in the net when transferring and it turned black at the belly for a day then back to orange.

Also two of my fish are turning silver also, but I read this can be due to lack of sunlight and/or poor diet and also age (which doesn't apply in my case as they are all young, I think). So now I am making sure they get some direct sunlight for at least part of the day and plan to get some blood worm to supplement their diet.

I have only be "sunning" them for 2 days and have not noticed that the silver color has diminished yet.

I hope this helps. Keep me informed :)

Tony

Back
Top Bottom