What is wrong with my khuli loach.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keke89

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all

I saw my khuli this morning darting around his a bit more active than usual.

Did my weekly 50 % water-change today. All fish happy.

Tested water before.
15 gallon
Amm 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate was 10.

All good. Then did waterchange . And now I noticed this white patch on his back. Please check pics .

Could he be shedding skin and just feeling irritated and that's why his darting around?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425231531.955761.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425231553.288498.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425231575.104167.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shame I think his at his end. He keeps on darting then collapsing. He has been with me for 6 months. And the biggest one. The other two are perfect and smaller.

I can't really tell about the spot. From what I've ever read is most call for at least 30g while some say 20g is acceptable. And that's for just one. I have also seen many say at least 50g but my presumption would be he's overly stressed. What other tank mates are there and what are you using to test parameters ?

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Sera is the only liquid test kit here in South Africa. Other tank mates are 6 bee shrimp and 7 rummy noses.

I have khuli loaches and haven't seen this spot on them before. Is it fuzzy at all?
And this might be a silly question, but do you have a rock or something he can hide under? Mine have a piece of slate rock they burrow under and sleep during the day.

45 gal. freshwater and 10 gal. female betta tanks

Back
Top Bottom