What is wrong with my Mollies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've had her about 5 1/2 - 6 weeks. She was gigantic and holding for sure. I did come across something about the shimmies once. I think they called it Molly Disease and said to get Molly Bright, which I find no where, or something else I can't remember at the moment - caused by lack of electrolytes. I've got my master test kit now and my ammonia is 0 but nitrate and nitrite way too high so working on that. Bought filter media and lots of it and doing daily water changes in main tank to help that out. The ladies (mollies) and in the hospital tank and getting their meds. Today was 2nd day of meds. Mom who lost fry isn't on bottom shaking any more. She's at the top more and getting around so that's a good sign, but they are still all gunked up. I'll read the article you pasted to get some more info for sure. I'll let you know how they do as I progress with the new meds. And, thanks so much for all your help!

Does anyone know what's wrong with my harlequin razboras?
The one with the bump
image-418257483.jpg

Idk nevrr had this.. research ich? You say something about white circles and thats all i can think

I've had her about 5 1/2 - 6 weeks. She was gigantic and holding for sure. I did come across something about the shimmies once. I think they called it Molly Disease and said to get Molly Bright, which I find no where, or something else I can't remember at the moment - caused by lack of electrolytes. I've got my master test kit now and my ammonia is 0 but nitrate and nitrite way too high so working on that. Bought filter media and lots of it and doing daily water changes in main tank to help that out. The ladies (mollies) and in the hospital tank and getting their meds. Today was 2nd day of meds. Mom who lost fry isn't on bottom shaking any more. She's at the top more and getting around so that's a good sign, but they are still all gunked up. I'll read the article you pasted to get some more info for sure. I'll let you know how they do as I progress with the new meds. And, thanks so much for all your help!

Glad she is doing better. I found a discussion that is very similar to your problem on fishlore.

http://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/f...dy-eyes-ragged-fins-white-patches-fungus.html

Hope this helps your Molly.

Well, I lost one last night. ;( I didn't even know she was the one that was the worst. I thought for certain the mom who aborted was in the worst condition. She's so skinny. There's nothing to her. Although, the one who pasted is the one who had the most fungus on her (the thing sticking out her side and stuff on her tail and fins). Honestly, the black one is the only one who doesn't look sick at all, but I keep her in there since she did have an eye problem, too. The mom who aborted is actually still laying on bottom at times, just not all the times with clamped fins. She didn't eat today. She did try, but she spit some out and when she went for more, the black molly bit her away so she just clamped her fins in and sunk to the bottom and laid there. I just wonder if she is going to recover or if I need to let her go. She just doesn't look good at all and I think she is having a hard time and suffering. I though she was getting better by not laying on the bottom all the time, but honestly, you look at her and just feel sad for her.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Try adding a little more salt than what the directions call for. I have read where people have had good results with doing that. Also make sure you read the link I posted earlier. It has a lot of good info in three about sick mollies.

Good luck,
Barbara

Cloudy eyes are a sign of poor water conditions and or internal Bactria/parasite infections. U need to be giving them some garlic in their food. Garlic boots the immune system.

Btw ditch the aquarium salt and get a bottle of prime. Salt is a waste. Yes mollies are somewhat brackish but they can live in freshwater just fine. Iv seen salt does more harm then good. That's just me tho so no one take it personal.

I already treated them for internal parasites, the 2 doses in 48 hours according to package directions. That took the cloudy eye problem away. They then had this gunk on them, so I am currently treating for bacterial/fungal infection together to be safe, which I read can stem from a parasite infection. The hospital tank is a low brackish as I wasn't going to move them from a brackish main tank to a freshwater hospital tank as I wouldn't want to make them sicker, so I tried keeping everything the same for the best for them. I call them "my ladies". It's been a battle since they got sick. I lost the babies and now I lost one molly. I'm pretty sad about it. They are my pets and I love them like I love my dog. Someone might think that's silly, but they each have their own personalities and I love getting to know and watching each of them. I just don't want them to suffer. It pains me. The other 2 are still hanging on. I'll read up on everything about them so I can save them and keep them healthy. I did also already feed them some blood worms soaked in garlic and I put a piece of garlic in the tank. I have fed some peas, too. I have also added aquarium salt to try to help heal on top of what I am doing. I am really appreciating all the help! If there is anything else I could be doing, please let me know. I'll keep posting on how they are doing. I was hoping all was going well. I was really surprised to have one die this morning. :( I'm trying to save them!

I did save the other 2. One is doing fantastic and looked pretty good the whole time beside the eye at the beginning which healed pretty quickly. She was anxious to get the heck out of there and did and she's chunky and doing terrific. The female that lost her babies is doing good, too and back in the main tank, but she isn't the same. She's so skinny - just looks like she lost all her guts and there's nothing to her and she's bent/crooked and swims funny - BUT she is happy. She's so happy back with everyone else, she's just a little awkward, but doing great. -Thanks for asking about them. :)

Back
Top Bottom