Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-17-2018, 03:39 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

what is wrong with my syno?

i noticed that one of my synos has that film over his eyes. They look cloudy. I dont think he is seeing well, if at all. The other one's eyes are better but he seems to be developing the same issue. What could it be and what can i do to help them?
some background. They used to live in a 120 gal tank but 2 weeks ago i had to dismantle it because it had to be moved due to house renovations. Now they live in a 30 gal temporary housing with some cories, mollies and guppies. I didnt have time to cycle the new tank but i did place some media from the old tank's filter in the new tank and was adding Seachem Stability as per instructions. Right now the readings are: ammonia at 0, Nitrite at 0.25 and Nitrate at 0. The PH of my water is around 7.6. I have well water so no chlorine.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:31 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Typically, a bacterial infection or injury are the primary causes of cloudy eyes in fish. Considering the big time inconvenience your going through, and the extreme emergency downsizing of the tank, I'd say stress and unstable water parameters are just as likely the cause.
My suggestion is to really up the water change schedule during this period and hope the pristine water conditions help clear up the eyes.

Old 05-18-2018, 08:56 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks! I will do frequent water changes.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com