What killed my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

College Kid

Aquarium Advice Activist
My sick dwarf emerald gourami died today :( while sad, i really want to know what got him.

these past few days he was bloated, swimming weirdly (kind of getting pushed around by the current), not eating, and had these weird white bumps/things on his back near his dorsal fin (i have treated ich, and it didn't look like that so i thought it was some kind of fungus), and coloring on his dorsal fin kind of got clear spots.

a few weeks ago he had cut his mouth and one of his feelers, but it was starting to heal, and his feeler even grew all the way back. his mouth, however, went from healing, to red, to white, to healing, then to white/red again.

I treated with one dose of lifeguard (after realizing that it was bad for my corys, i use carbon to remove the meds and did a water change), and then continued on with melafix and primaix for what i thought was fungus and to help heal the mouth.

water params were normal at the beginning of treatments, but i think the dose of lifeguard threw me into a mini cycle as i have <.25 ammo this evening (did a water change after)

What could he have died from? I'm now paranoid and checking all my fish constantly for anything wrong.

Back
Top Bottom