what this ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BK Buttikoferi

Aquarium Advice Activist
I notice these splotchy pattern on my pleco. It never lasts long but just wondering if i should be concerned.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130811_194348.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130811_194348.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 55
  • ForumRunner_20130811_194404.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130811_194404.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 50
Thats perfectly normal. My pleco does it aswell. Its just the pleco trying to blend in with his/her surroundings

+1 it's to try to blend in, but they also change like the if they are uncomfortable, like if the water is too cold or too hot

+1 it's to try to blend in, but they also change like the if they are uncomfortable, like if the water is too cold or too hot

Or if they're staring down a little turtle :ROFLMAO:

Lighting brings it out the most in mine- it makes it hard to get a nice photo. They'll look beautiful in the dim lighting, so I'll think great! I'll take a photo! Turn the light up so it shows up in the pic and- boom! What was a beautiful coloured up pleco with erect fins becomes a pale patchy plec with fins down pretending he's invisible :(

At least the albinos don't do that!! :D

Or if they're staring down a little turtle :ROFLMAO:

Lighting brings it out the most in mine- it makes it hard to get a nice photo. They'll look beautiful in the dim lighting, so I'll think great! I'll take a photo! Turn the light up so it shows up in the pic and- boom! What was a beautiful coloured up pleco with erect fins becomes a pale patchy plec with fins down pretending he's invisible :(

At least the albinos don't do that!! :D

The turtle never hurt nobody. ! Lol

Back
Top Bottom