what to do cant find medicine :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miyavp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My goldfish have this fungus :( and I'm not sure if its a true fungus or if its more bacterial and I cant for the life of me find medication :(

I've treated it with kanaplex before and I've heard conflicting stories on it still being safe to use or that it can cause damage and I dont know what to do. My favorite goldfish's tail is spotted with these dots and I dont know what to do :(

Should I use the expired kanaplex? Its july 11 2011 I have a petco petsmart and a walmart near me. My petsmart does not carry maracyn.

I hate seeing my favorite fish like this, because of the stress from the fungus her gill curl is getting worse....idk if you can see it very well but the fungus is on the side she's laying on right above her gill. Its just a white patch.

ForumRunner_20130110_163335.jpg

ForumRunner_20130110_163326.jpg

I do not see fungus in your pic, Miyavp, but the fish is out of the water. Fungus is typically pretty distinct- it looks like white hairs or strings and will usually grow in patches. Your fishs gill curl is pronounced but making an extra effort to keep the water pristine is the best you can do for him unless you decide to go the veterinary route. Is ordering meds online not an option? I know you mentioned your petsmart has triple sulfa- this would be better than not treating if he has white fuzz areas.

I do not see fungus in your pic, Miyavp, but the fish is out of the water. Fungus is typically pretty distinct- it looks like white hairs or strings and will usually grow in patches. Your fishs gill curl is pronounced but making an extra effort to keep the water pristine is the best you can do for him unless you decide to go the veterinary route. Is ordering meds online not an option? I know you mentioned your petsmart has triple sulfa- this would be better than not treating if he has white fuzz areas.

It wasnt in stock when I called :( I'm calling back tommorow. And idk I'm just worried by the time it'd get here.....

Back
Top Bottom