What would you do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betta Platy Addict

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been treating for ick and the heat needs to stay up until Sunday or Monday, but I leave town for 2 weeks on Saturday. I don't feel comfortable asking the person feeding them to turn it down. Should I turn it down and hope for the best and just restart the treatment (heat + salt) when i get home if it comes back? Or should I leave it up?

20g: planted (moderate-heavy), neons, platy, Cory.

I'm doing a large water change tomorrow but just not sure what to do about the heat.

How long have you been treating for Ich? Are the white spots gone? Typically it's best to treat for at least a week after the white spots are no longer visible. If that's the case for you then you can try lowering the heat over the next couple of days until you leave and hope for the best when you get back. Leaving the heat up for an extra week probably won't hurt anything in the long-run though as long as the fish don't seem distressed with the higher temps and you have sufficient aeration to compensate for the higher temps (air stone or some other form of water movement for oxygen exhange).

Back
Top Bottom