What's everyone's opinion on color changing LED lighting in aquariums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Love2Live2Love

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. I bought a fish tank that has a color changing LED light. I keep the light on the closest to white, which ironically enough is green, blue and red hues. Additionally, the light has 7 different colors, and you can set it to fade in and out from one color to the next. My question is, what's your opinion on having changing colors in your aquarium? Do you think it bothers the fish at all? The color changing option looks really cool, but I'm afraid of it stressing the fish out, so I keep it on the closest to white light I can find. Thanks!

Hello. I bought a fish tank that has a color changing LED light. I keep the light on the closest to white, which ironically enough is green, blue and red hues. Additionally, the light has 7 different colors, and you can set it to fade in and out from one color to the next. My question is, what's your opinion on having changing colors in your aquarium? Do you think it bothers the fish at all? The color changing option looks really cool, but I'm afraid of it stressing the fish out, so I keep it on the closest to white light I can find. Thanks!

Mine is color changing also but keep it on white since I don't know what it can do to my fish. Following to see others opinions. Thanks for posting this question.

As long as the alternating light is somewhat subdued, likely no problems. In nature every time a cloud passes over or a boulder casts a shadow the underwater world experiences a change of hue, color and light.

My son's betta associates it with my son and shrimp treats. My son is colorblind and can't tell which light setting it's on other than white or blue. (The default is the random colorchanging setting.) When I turn on the light in there I switch it to white light. I don't think the betta really cares, though.

As long as the alternating light is somewhat subdued, likely no problems. In nature every time a cloud passes over or a boulder casts a shadow the underwater world experiences a change of hue, color and light.

My lights are subdued, not vibrant so i guess it would be fine. Thank you.

Good to know! Thanks for your input!! I like the color changing light show at night, but not if there's a chance the fish could get stressed.

Back
Top Bottom