Whats wrong with my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kitkatkate

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I think that my angel fish has been nipped at some point but the side of it doesn't appear to be healing.
We are worried that it might be either fungal/infected.
Is anyone able to help us figure out what this is, and what we can do to help?
I have tried to attach a pic of the fish.
All help appreciated!

Attachments

• image-1396271238.jpg
    image-1396271238.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 56
Hi! How do your parameters look? It looks like he/she has a fungal infection secondary to a bacterial infection. Treatment would depend on what is available to you & how you are able to treat (qt?). Jungle makes a fungus treatment that consists of 2 antibiotics & antifungal. Methylene blue baths or applied directly is another option possibily along with an antibiotic. Theres also a product called BioBandage that can be applied directly which contains meth blue & antibiotic. It really depends on whats available & preferred method of treatment. :)

Unfortunately we don't have a qt tank at the moment which would mean we need to treat the whole tank :( Parameters are fine and all other fish are healthy.
Which would be the most suitable method for treating the whole tank?

It really depends on what you are comfortable doing. If your ok with handling your fish (and can manage without further stressing your fish), topical treatment such as BioBandage would help without tank treatment. Otherwise, the Jungle Fungus med can be used to treat the water. Just make sure you keep a close watch on your parameters because antibiotics in it may affect your good bacteria. Keep us posted! :)

Back
Top Bottom