whats wrong with my platy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolf0311

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
when i got him from the pet store (about 2 months ago), him and a guppy i bought came in with what im assuming to be finrot (the guppy died 2 days after purchase). the tip of his caudal fin is transparent and some days the transparency takes up more of his fin than others. his dorsal fin is transparent also but its at the base. im concerned because i came home from a trip (my grandma was feeding him) and when i turned on the light to check on him his tail was almost completely transparent. but the next morning it was back to just the tip of his fin. what is going on? i have been doing frequent water changes and i was using melafix for a couple of weeks.

also thought i should add that he isnt missing any part of his fin, its just transparent

It's normal for their colors to change with lighting. If his behavior is normal, I wouldn't worry.

Thank you soooo much! ive been worrying since i got him. ive gone through a whole bottle of melafix trying to treat him:ermm:

Back
Top Bottom