Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-25-2004, 11:19 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Where to find Kanacyn?

Hi, all... I've been too busy with school to post for quite a while and all has been well in my tanks--until...

I think I have a case of columnaris in my 30 gallon cube. I lost a marble hatchet who had a fluffy substance on his tail. I mistook it for a fungus, but now I've found one of my rams breathing heavily and he has some grey patches on his dorsal fin.

I've put him in a hospital tank and am treating both the hospital and the main tank with Maracyn, as no one in town seems to carry Kanacyn.

I know its probably too late for this little ram, but can anyone share a reliable online vendor for Kanacyn? I'd like to have some on hand in case this happens again. Also, I'd like to find some anti-bacterial food to keep on hand.

Thanks for the help!

Getting back into the hobby... restocking a 55 Gallon tank with peacock cichlids (currently housing 2 synodontis petricolas). Planning a complete overhaul of my 30 Gallon Oceanic Cube (currently housing a bristlenose pleco and a praecox rainbow).
Madame_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 11:45 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

PM QTOFFER for a link to find medicated foods. I don't have it.

Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 03:10 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

http://www.fishsupply.com/cgi-bin/f2...M/SMKAT-11031#

http://www.thehiddenreef.com/saltwat...quatronics.htm (scroll down)

This is a medicated food. It says it clears internal parasites. http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...al&Np=1&N=2004

An t-iasg is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com