Which medication to use

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maestromad

Aquarium Advice Addict
Sorry to start another thread but I'm hoping to get some answers on here.
My betta has lymphocytosis which is starting to come away thankfully, however he has a fuzz on the edge of the growth now which I think needs to be treated.

In the house I have maracyn two and myxazin, I ordered some maracyn plus and maracyn last night.

My question is what is the best thing to use, shall I start with one of the meds I have or wait for he others?
Maracyn 2 doesn't say it treats fuzzy growths but does do fin rot any help would be great thanks

I am glad to hear its starting to fall off! Can you post of pic of the fuzziness you are seeing so we can figure out the best approach? :)

Thanks for the response jlk I would have posted a picture however the fuzz has fallen off with a bit of the growth so at the moment isn't too much if a problem. Every time he swims about more is coming off. I'm so pleased I'm just hoping this is a good sign.
I think I'm going to have to do LOTS of water changes to keep as many of the spores out of the water so may have to hold off any meds to help repair his fins until the main bulk of the thing comes off.
I'm just keeping everything crossed this is finally the end!

Yep, lots and lots of water changes! I would not treat with anything yet unless theres a reason to. He is fighting this off on his own which great!!! :)

Thanks I really am pleased. Ill have had him a year tomorrow and I never thought a fish could have so much personality!
Ill post a pic tomorrow to show how well he's doing as thanks again for the response

Here's the best photo I could get, he did bleed a little today after catching his back on the side of the filter and a bit coming off but it stopped very quickly

Attachments

• image-773469807.jpg
    image-773469807.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 49
  • image-2154322271.jpg
    image-2154322271.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom