White Bump on Diamond Tetras Mouth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are there any other white bumps?

White bumps on the mouth are very different from white bumps on the body. For example, bumps on the mouth can point to thyroid issues. Don't start treatment until you know what it is.

Are there any other white bumps?

White bumps on the mouth are very different from white bumps on the body. For example, bumps on the mouth can point to thyroid issues. Don't start treatment until you know what it is.

No that's the only bump.

Look into Lymphocystis ...

I don't think it's Lymphocystis because it's only one bump & not clumps. Would it hurt my fish to start treating with salt. I have diamond tetras & cories in the tank. Unfortunately I do not have a qt tank right now.

If it is Lympho it can go away on its own or maybe never get any worse.
Most pics and stuff on links are the worst case scenario. I wouldn't worry, just keep an eye on it to see if some other symptom shows or if it gets worse.
The fish does otherwise look very healthy.

If it is Lympho it can go away on its own or maybe never get any worse.
Most pics and stuff on links are the worst case scenario. I wouldn't worry, just keep an eye on it to see if some other symptom shows or if it gets worse.
The fish does otherwise look very healthy.

Thank you. I'm letting a bucket sit for 24hrs for a water change. My filter intake tube has plant material stuck in it. Should I clean it out?

Back
Top Bottom