White bump on Glotetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SmurfStina

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all!

First off, I'm posting this for my dad as he doesn't "do the technology thing" lol.

We noticed a white bump growing in the back of one our purple glotetras about two weeks ago. She/he is acting fine, eating and swimming well so we thought maybe it would go away on its own.

It hasn't and in fact it's grown. There also seems to be a small bump forming under his chin.

We have a 20 gallon tank with ten fish all tetras (a few species) except one huge goldfish (seriously, he needs to go on a diet!)

I spent the last hour hopping around on the internet trying to figure out what is ailing this fish. None of the pictures seem to match what our fish has but maybe I'm missing something! I have pictures but can't figure out how to post them?

At the moment, none of our other fish have any bumps and we'd like to keep it that way.

My dad tested the water and said everything is perfect but didn't go into details.

We have not changed their diet. And this particular tetra was added to the tank back in the spring.

We've had the tank for one year and a couple months, so we are still fairly new to this.

Any help is appreciated!!

Until you know what's wrong I'd put the affected fish is isolation or qt as its referred to. If it is a fungus or bacteria you don't want it to spread to other fish. Also this fish could be vulnerable due to a weakened immune system.
In the mean time Google lymphocistitus and work on the pictures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I agree, sounds like lymphocitis or whatever, ive had it on my guppies before, its not really contagious, more like fish cancer.

Back
Top Bottom