White Cloud Bloated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolffish

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have hed my 10 gallon tank for a while now and i have 1 friendly betta, 1 small pleco, 5 neon tetras, 1 black neon tetra, and 3 white clouds. So when i got the white clouds they looked fine but a few days later one of them looked bloated. I knew i was feeding them right because the other fish were not bloated. So i assumed she was pregnant(and the other 2 were males). Its been months and she is still really bloated. Does any one have a clue to what is going on here?

You could try feeding boiled, de-shelled peas? Maybe it's a tumor also? Not sure, just throwing stuff out there.
I wish you luck!

okay but i am pretty sure its not a tumor because her silver organ at the base of her is the bloated part (idk what that is). I will maybe try to include pics tomorrow it i can get a good shot of her.

Yeah i think it is that. So you just boil the peas and de shell them. Mabye mush them up a little to. Right? Ive never did it before.

Yes. I just put some in a coffee cup of water, boil in the microwave for about 3 minutes, take them out and run cold water over them, squeeze one side and make the middle pop out onto a spoon, then mush the middle up with my finger and then scoop a little onto my finger and just kind of swish it in the tank. My fish LOVE them. :)

I tryed it and i mushed some peas and put them in the tank but they sank to the bottem. But the good news it that i now know that my neons love peas and the stuff that floated to the botem got eaten by the pleco unfortinetly i dont think the cloud got some so i am going to try tomorrow.

Check out this video:
YouTube - White Cloud Minnow male with 2 female's

As you can see, the females have big bellies. If yours look like that, I wouldn't worry. My white clouds looked like those females ever since they got to about 1". That seems to be the normal female "look". They get rounder when full of eggs.

I haven't try breeding them yet, but apparently they need to be stimulated to breed. <Normal stimulus rain, but water changes will work.> I am assuming that the females will not spawn & just carry on being fat without the right stimulus.

More info on pregnant WC's :
White Cloud Mountain Minnow, by Jason Shaw

Back
Top Bottom