White film on angelfish fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DCLXVI

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was hoping someone could help me figure out this mystery. My oldest angelfish has a strange white "film" on his fin. I'm not alarmed by it because his behavior has not changed in the slightest and its been over a week now. He eats plenty, greats me at the door when I come home, and swims around the tank as usual. I have had a few fish pass, so I can tell when a fish isn't looking good. I'm sorry for the bad picture quality but my Ipod touch is the only way to get a picture.

The white film I'm concerned with is labeled with a 1, the spots labeled 2 have been around for a very long time and I think might be part of his color type (It looks shiny like scales would)

is this fin rot? With the poor picture quality it almost looks like Ick, but I know its not.

And before its asked, PH 7.4, ammo 0, nitrites 0, nitrates ~20, ~79 F
tank mates = one angel, 5 harlequins, 1 farlowella cat.

Attachments

• angelfish white film 2 edit.jpg
    angelfish white film 2 edit.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 209
  • angelfish white film 3 edit.jpg
    angelfish white film 3 edit.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 363
  • angelfish white film1.JPG
    angelfish white film1.JPG
    227.8 KB · Views: 1,087
Thanks for the pics! Your tank is stable & your numbers look good, so i would just watch it closely. Are there any issues with bullying going on or anything she could have injured herself on? My 1 guy will get white areas on his fins from getting bullied & they clear up on their own in a wk or 2's time. If there is any change in behavior (swimming, eating, activity) or the area does not improve/shows signs of getting worse over the next 2 wks, let us know & we will figure out the best course of treatment!

Back
Top Bottom