White Fuzz on Fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mjmjhot

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Have a 150 freshwater tank with big oscor foot ,3 pleco foot to two foot , sand bass, over size jack demises , mud cat an a channel cat an red devil an all the fish but the red devil an channel cat are the only two who don't have it an ways all the others have white small fuzz balls on there top fins an the sand bass has onside an head I have many tanks for years now an ant never had any come down with anything so it's new to me if u have idea of what an or think no what is pls feel free to tell me your info on here or email

Mjmjhot said:
Have a 150 freshwater tank with big oscor foot ,3 pleco foot to two foot , sand bass, over size jack demises , mud cat an a channel cat an red devil an all the fish but the red devil an channel cat are the only two who don't have it an ways all the others have white small fuzz balls on there top fins an the sand bass has onside an head I have many tanks for years now an ant never had any come down with anything so it's new to me if u have idea of what an or think no what is pls feel free to tell me your info on here or email

They might have ich :(

Can you possibly get a pic of what your describing so we can better help you? How are your water parameters (amm/nitrite/nitrate)?

jlk said:
Can you possibly get a pic of what your describing so we can better help you? How are your water parameters (amm/nitrite/nitrate)?

I test my water come bak fine that it's write so I don't now

"Fine" is subjective. What are the actual numbers? If you're showing ANY ammonia and/or nitrite and/or nitrate over 20 (40 max) then it isn't fine. What's your water change schedule? I agree it sounds like Ich or Fungus but without a photo it's hard to tell. Do the white specs look like grains of salt or cotton?

Also I'm not familiar with most of your fish but they all sound too large for a 150 gallon all together.

if it is small dots on their fins (top is dorsal, back is caudal) it could be columnaris, which is a gram-negative bacterial infection which is very deadly, i reccomend you use an antibiotic, asap. (gram-neg)
good luck.

Back
Top Bottom