White lumps on RBS dorsal fin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tuesdayT

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey, so I just got my first fish since I was like 6 last Tuesday. I purchased 3 angels and 1 “GloShark” (colored albino rainbow shark). I noticed last night that my rainbow has white lumps on both sides of her dorsal fin and she is flashing all over the tank. She is also hiding and not eating very much but I’m not sure if she is still acclimating to the tank. I figured it was ich and changed the water, gravel vacced, and dosed aquarium salt and malachite green to the tank. However I fear I may have jumped the gun because now that I looked up pictures of ich it appears to look different. It looks like a fungal infection maybe? Also now that I’m lookin closely I noticed two of my angels have red in their eyes. I’m not sure what’s going on. Pictures and tank specs below.

I have a 55 gal with a Fluval / Aquaclear 70 HOB and an Aqueon 30 HOB running in the tank. I let my tank fishless cycle for a month using pure ammonia and SeaChem Stability. My water is reading 0 for ammo, nitrites and nitrates with my API master test kit. The water is at about 78 degrees F. I did a 25% water change two days ago and another one today before dosing. Also maybe worth noting: I’ve had a bit of a brown algae problem I’ve been working to rid, although my shark likes to eat it.

Photos: https://imgur.com/gallery/ZDYCc

IMG_0819.jpg

Back
Top Bottom