White patches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StuartBay

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, could somebody give me some advice, I have noticed today that some of my neons have white patches on them! One of them has it on the side of his body and the top of his tail fin. Some of the other ones have it as well on the tail fin the tail fin looks like it's rotting away and gone white? (Best I could explain) I have tried to do some research but there is so many things it could be? They are still eating and schooling together. I added some aquarium salt as well today. I know it calms them down and help there immune system.
I am just wondering if somebody could help me diagnose the problem. I have attached some photo to the best I could, as they didn't want to stop moving. Thank you!

Attachments

• image-2252841444.jpg
    image-2252841444.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 73
  • image-1085169386.jpg
    image-1085169386.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 65
Looks like fin rot, or ick or both to me

Ursi said:
Looks like fin rot, or ick or both to me

I'm treating then with protozoan or something like that! Hopefully should clear it all up!

I just had the exact same problems today. White spots n fin rot. Lfs recommended green malachite

Looks like fin rot. Iv used tetra + general tonic, fantastic stuff!

I'm on the 3rd day now got to wait 2 days then add another one dose. Fingers crossed!

Could be columnaris, in which case you'd need a different med. See if what you're using now helps but if not you might need something stronger like kanamycin.

Back
Top Bottom