White poo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drayven

Aquarium Advice Activist
About a week ago I put 3 new swordtails into my tank. I've been noticing recently that they often have poop that comes out white and I'm just not sure if it's something I should worry about. I'm trying to keep an eye on them and as near as I can tell they also have brown that comes out but white on occasion too. I'm going to stop putting in the sinking shrimp pellets for a few days to see if that helps because they're white and I think the swordtails might get into those more than the other fish, just wondering if there's anything I should watch out for. They all come out and eat when I feed them and for the most part they seem normal. The male hides under a log alot of the time but not in a way that makes him look sick, just shy. All 3 of them are known to hang out in one position sitting still but I assumed that was just normal behavior unlike the danios who are constantly moving. Any input would be great.

it might be a parasite,im dealing with the same prob now.everywhere i read says white poo=parasite.i have lost many fish to this recently and have tried everything so im sorry i dont have any advice just a warning,all your fish will get it

Back
Top Bottom