white spot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lornajane89

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all i just noticed a small white spot on my leopard ctenopoma and am wondering what it could be. He is healthy enough, eating etc but its definatley newly developed.. May be nothing but as i seem to be losing fish lately id rather be certain.

ForumRunner_20120131_200003.jpg

What do u think?

At a glance, it looks like an injury where the scales fell out. But, the questions Mumma asked are important for being able to give real help. :)

In my opinion I would quarantine the guy with same water, same temperature for a few days just to observe him. I had two of these guys and about a month after getting one it just appeared whitish and super dead one day when he was fine in the morning. Other one just passed away saturday night same thing happened where it had been perfectly fine showing no signs of any injury or ich and then started turning white and dead next night. My favorite fish too :( how long have you had yours for?

Had him for almost 2 months. I dont have a quarantine tank so will just have to keep an eye on him.

Not sure whats happend but the spot has gone ????

ForumRunner_20120201_175627.jpg

ForumRunner_20120201_175610.jpg

Not sure what it was but ill keep checking on him and my params.

Thanks btw

I've seen spots like that on my blood parrots before. It ended up being particles of flake food. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom