White spot :-(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ld123

Aquarium Advice Freak
Will carbon filter pads stop white spot treatment?

Yes. But first try cranking the heat. You want to gradually raise temps to 87 degrees and keep it there until a week after the last spot disappears. Meds are a last resort with ich :) good luck!

Cut the bottom of the filter and remove all the carbon. Just keep the heat up. Some people use table salt along with heat.

I have used meds, left carbon and it's pretty much clear

Is it likely to come back as I left carbon in?

I am unsure whether to take carbon out and re- treat? Any advice on this?

If it comes back I honestly wouldn't treat again. First thing I would do is raise the temps.

Carbon removes meds from the water, so my best guess is yes, there are no drugs in your water to treat the fish. If your treatment is unsuccessful, then carbon is the culprit.

Remember, ick shows up on the fish in its feeding stage. When it falls off, your fish may look better, but when ick falls off it goes into its reproduction stage. So in short, that one spot that you don't see on the fish anymore is about to become hundreds of new spores.

there are no spots visible on the fish any longer, however i am unsure if the tank is clear of white spot completely e.g. plants.

also do i need to treat nets and siphon that has been used in this tank?

ok, I will slowly increase the temp - to what temp?

Back
Top Bottom