White spot help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ladystacy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys I found white spot on my two kissing gouramis four days ago. I have treated them with anti white spot and have treated them for a second time today as instructed! I'm worried as I have removed the filter for this and I have been advised not to do water changes either! I'm worried I should be keeping the tank more clean any help or advise would be great I'm new to fish :) the spots do however look to be clearing :) xxx

I wouldn't do much at all as far as cleaning the tank. The fish need to recover and not be stressed. Algae won't harm the fish but the stress that is caused trying to remove it could. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your help! Can I put amonia remover in as it is raising? Also the instructions are not clear do you know when i can put my filter back in? Thanks :)

Thank you for your help! Can I put amonia remover in as it is raising? Also the instructions are not clear do you know when i can put my filter back in? Thanks :)

How are they going - was it white spot? Ammonia remover will be fine to use or a water change and redose. Will the product kill off the filter bacteria or do you run carbon?

Back
Top Bottom