Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-13-2008, 07:24 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

white spot on head

Hi, 2 of my black morpho tetras have a white spot on their head. I thought that it could be a hole in the head disease but pictures I saw of infected fish online shows more than one hole on each fish so I'm not sure. The tetras are still swimming and eating fine. This one does not even look like a hole, looks like someone painted a white dot on its forehead, any advice on what I should do? I moved them to another tank for 5 hours yesterday as I have to rescape my plants. Could that be a factor? Thanks.

Water parameters:

temp:74-76F
0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 5 ppm nitrate (did a 30% water change yesterday).

Old 11-13-2008, 07:56 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well they seem to fine to me. They are still swimming and eating you shouldn't have much to worry about.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:12 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
HITH starts out looking like a white pimple. Keep the water quality excellent and they should be fine.

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:42 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

White spots on the head can sometimes result from sparring. Are they both adult males? The males are territorial and will occasionally take a run at each other. That being said, you'll want to keep an eye on those spots and watch all your parameters. The weitzmani is not a hardy fish: if there's a disease to be caught, they'll catch it. The fact that yours are eating is a good sign.

Tags
spot, white spot

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com