White spot on platy nose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nikhil

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of my platy has white spot on her nose & other platy fish is skidding across aquarium ornaments. I treated my tank for ick but no use.
Tank parameters are all zero & water changes are periodically done. It's a 20 gallon tank.

Please help.

Well if all your parameters are zero that's really not a good sign you should have nitrates in a cycled tank. Is it very heavily planted? What are you using
What are you using to test it? How often are you doing water changes? Can you post a pick?

Sorry for late reply but my platy still shows that white spot on her nose.
When I said parameters are zero I meant almost zero. I use API kit & I do 25% water change every wk. I have attached couple of pics

Attachments

• image-2798506068.jpg
    image-2798506068.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 121
  • image-75797295.jpg
    image-75797295.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 96
I don't see ich it just looks like the fish's mouth.. I don't think you have anything to sorry about but id suggest raising your temperature it can help kill ich

Fish is hiding & not really eating. I have treated my tank for ick recently but no help.

I've had success with force feeding sick fish with liquid fry food an eye dropper and placing the fish in a damp paper towel while I feed it. This is for extreme cases I try switching food, like blood worms.

Nikhil I really suggest investing some money in some Seachem products like paraguard or any other med. Although I do not own any of these products I have only heard very good reviews about them and they might be worth the cost in the long run. Other members who have used Seachem medication productions please tip in on these products!

I use paragaurd excellent product with lots of uses, I also use there powdered food medication trying to treat dropsy with no success. Melafix is good for wounds.

I use paragaurd excellent product with lots of uses, I also use there powdered food medication trying to treat dropsy with no success. Melafix is good for wounds.

I'm going to buy Paraguard soon just for future casualties I'm surprised neither products are treating your dropsy.

Dropsy isn't treatable unless you catch it really early but by the time symptoms show up it's too late, but I still try.

Thank you everyone for your responses. I will try to get the products you recommended & hopefully platy gets back to its best again :)

Thank you everyone for your responses. I will try to get the products you recommended & hopefully platy gets back to its best again :)

Maybe more photos could help us identify the problem better? I know it's hard but the more pictures the better!

Back
Top Bottom