White spots or color development?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Strawberry786

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am new to owning a fish tank and started off with a fish I love but really always get lots of mixed info on,I've noticed over the last week or so my bloody parrot has developed white spots on its tail and at the same time grew twice it size I'm just very concerned I treated the water with medicine for white spots but it's still visible,someone with experience please advise

This is not a disease

It's called NORMAL GROWTH dde04

As a parrotfish grows it will develop white "spots" on it's tail but this is coloration and not white spot disease

Also please do no keep tin foil barbs with parrots

M

I am new to owning a fish tank and started off with a fish I love but really always get lots of mixed info on,I've noticed over the last week or so my bloody parrot has developed white spots on its tail and at the same time grew twice it size I'm just very concerned I treated the water with medicine for white spots but it's still visible,someone with experience please advise

A picture would help

What's a "bloody parrot"?

I hope you haven't bought fish from your LFS that have been dyed.

It's a blood parrot, possibly dyed, possibly not.. but definitely a hybrid. If OP likes it, that's all that matters. I don't buy hybrids now, but I have an OB peacock and love him.. At first, I didn't know and decided I wouldn't do that again. It's up to that individual person if they want to contribute to the continuing downfall of the hobby that purchasing/selling hybrids creates. Anyway, I got wayy of topic, sorry, I don't know anything about natural coloring of BPs but I do know if it doesn't look like specs of salt, it's not ick

Hi thanx yes I'm aware it's a hybrid can't blame the creature for mans cruelty,however I think they gorgeous just concerned about their health as their aint too much info on them out there.

I think your fish will be fine as long as he's eating and behaving normally. I'm guessing you don't think it's ick? A pic would help if you're concerned about disease. Have you checked other forums, search blood parrot.. Sometimes others'experiences can be helpful =)

Hi thanx alot,I'm concerned that it is ick,here's a pic she didn't want to keep still camera shy I'm afraid,watch the tail

Attachments

• image-2602932950.jpg
    image-2602932950.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 68
I can't tell from the pic. Again, if it looks like specs of salt it's probably ick. I would suggest trying for better pics or a video and posting a new thread in the freshwater unhealthy fish section with your tank parameters and other info. Also if it's ick it can be treated effectively without meds. HUKIT has written a good article on treating with heat and salt found on the forum home page. Another note, our little guys/gals can't heal well without pristine water. First step is testing for ammonia, nitrite, etc., then identifying possible disease. Good luck with your fishy =)

Than again here's another picture I have 4of his little fellows

Attachments

• image-2069522790.jpg
    image-2069522790.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 48
Again, I don't see anuthing unusual, but pic may be a little blurry ..

It is NOT ick

These white "spots" as u call them are just the normal pattern that's beginning to emerge on the fishes tail. From what I know your water parameters are correct, your filtration is just about sufficient, your pH is good so plz stop stressing

I enlarged your pic. Have a look at the tail
image-1768098586.jpg

image-3690533470.jpg

These fish look perfectly healthy

Thank you master M☺I'm new to the fishy world excuse me for freaking out,I love my fish

If your fish refuse to eat, face the sides or back of the tank and start looking oddly coloured then worry. For now all seems ok

Back
Top Bottom