White Stringy Poop (internal parasite!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hartgirl

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm pretty convinced I have a parasite problem in my 87 gallon tank. I am freaking out. I spend a lot of time watching my fish and taking care of them, and at least 8 of my fish in there are pooping white stringy stuff when they "go". I have read about the medicated foods and powders and such, but how do you know which medication will work if you don't know exactly what type of parasite they have? I am currently thinking that tomorrow morning I will have to track down some Jungle brand medicated anti parasite food, or buy either metrodianazole or praziquantel (both??) to mix in their New Life Spectrum pellets that they already love! Anyone have ANY experiencing this??? Here is a pic of one of the affected fishes. The one is the middle is in the middle of doing his business and the other two have shown symptoms as well. One of the strings of poo was about as long as the fish!

PS if you check out my previous post about the fungus/columnaris there is another fish in the tank (a Denison's Barb) who has some crazy fungus thing going on. Could these ailments be related? I swear if its not one thing, its another! :(

Attachments

• wormyfish.jpg
    wormyfish.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 117
Okay so i would recommend praziquantel as this treats external and internal parasites/flukes whilst with great results! I've seen peoples reviews on youtube and on the internet and i only saw positive feed back!

Best of luck :)

And metrodianazole is apparently really good to but i think its mostly aimed at treating a particular type of internal parasite. I think it still treats all internal parasites but yeah :)

Best of luck again ;)

So far I haven't seen any more white strings so that's a good thing...I did raise the temp but I want to be absolutely sure before I medicate!

Back
Top Bottom