White stringy poop? Rainbow not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScaryFatKidGT

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So this is some kind of internal parasite? What do I do? Fish hasn't been eating for about 5 days and I just noticed the poo. All I can find is Paragaurd and Tetra Parasite guard will those work? What about general cure? Does Temp work like with ick?

So this is some kind of internal parasite? What do I do? Fish hasn't been eating for about 5 days and I just noticed the poo. All I can find is Paragaurd and Tetra Parasite guard will those work? What about general cure? Does Temp work like with ick?

Generally temp does not work for the better but exacerbates the issue. Prazi, or para guard. I would rather metro.

Edit and put into an HT.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you.

Generally temp does not work for the better but exacerbates the issue. Prazi, or para guard. I would rather metro.

Edit and put into an HT.

I got Prazi. What do you mean metro? Will it be an issue with my Clown loachs?

Its a 150g extra tall, I have 9 rainbows, a pleco, a pictus cat fish, 4 clown loachs and 4 glass catfish. I feed a ton of different foods but nothing live.

Edit?

I should probably treat the whole tank shouldn't I being other fish could have gotten it? Rather than a quarantine?

Metronidazole. The reason I say move to a hospital tank (HT is where sick fish go, QT is for preventative measures) is because of the volume to treat. It's easier ( and much cheaper) to make a mix of 10-20g than it is for 150g.

I have no clue about the loaches as they are very sensitive and have never treated any. You could check their website for better info regarding the uses/restrictions.

Metronidazole. The reason I say move to a hospital tank (HT is where sick fish go, QT is for preventative measures) is because of the volume to treat. It's easier ( and much cheaper) to make a mix of 10-20g than it is for 150g.

+1 on the metronidazole, and HOTH disease is stubborn, so do the full course of the treatement agressively, daily dose 25% change, nice big heaping spoonsfuls the fist time, so you don't kill them by treating over and over and over.

Is white feces always parasites?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

White stringy poop if it looks like sausage skin is internal parasite, normally worms treatment fixes it, if meds suggest a use for scaleless species use that dosing. Normally it is lower. My clowns have been fine with all meds I have used over the years.

+1 on the metronidazole, and HOTH disease is stubborn, so do the full course of the treatement agressively, daily dose 25% change, nice big heaping spoonsfuls the fist time, so you don't kill them by treating over and over and over.

White stringy poop if it looks like sausage skin is internal parasite, normally worms treatment fixes it, if meds suggest a use for scaleless species use that dosing. Normally it is lower. My clowns have been fine with all meds I have used over the years.
Isn't pazipro for worms and metro for other stuff?

I used 1 dose of pazi and there is no more white poop but she still sint eating? should i dose again, now 4 days later or use the metro? I only have 1 thing of metro (100g) and a 150g tank, I have a hospital tank but I find that moving the fish stresses them more?

Isn't pazipro for worms and metro for other stuff?

I used 1 dose of pazi and there is no more white poop but she still sint eating? should i dose again, now 4 days later or use the metro? I only have 1 thing of metro (100g) and a 150g tank, I have a hospital tank but I find that moving the fish stresses them more?

Is praz safe for planted tanks, snails and shrimp?

when you are saying like sausage skin, are you referring to the ACTUAL worm coming out? My platy in question does occasionally do white feces but it's def just a bowel movement. I feed him the same as all the others and he seems fine still.
Im actually soaking frozen bloodworms in garlic water (I made in my nutri bullet last night) and was going to feed it to my fish tonight or tomorrow for safety sake.

Well I got her in my 20g hospital tank and dosed 2 cap fulls of metro. The prazi stop the white trail of poop from hanging off her all the time, but she still never ate and didn't swin with the group, would stay right at the surface and just sit there until I fed or stuck my hand in the tank, then she would swim away with the group but wouldnt ever eat anything.

now the prazi said to do a water change before dosing then after 3 days I could do a watch change and treat again.

The metro is saying to do a water change ever day for a week, but dont dose any more? wont there be less and less metro?

I'm having the same problem, I just bought some sword tails and they have this white stringy poo hanging from them. The only difference with my case is that they are still eating. I also have plants though and I don't want to harm them. I might just return them but I've been having trouble finding any swordtails for the longest time.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Here are some pictures
Is this one pregnant also?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416378762.695650.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416378844.313888.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They have covered my tank with this white poop. I'm not familiar with internal parasites Is my entire tank infected or just the fish with them? Can they spread the parasite to other fish? What will happen if this goes untreated?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom