White stuff on my gravel wood and glass...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Furnier

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone I hope I'm posting in the right place...

I'm new on here and have a problem with some white stuff that keeps coming back on my gravel glass and wood...

I have took a photo of it and also have photos of it on my profile... I would be very grateful if anyone can tell me what it is, how to get rid of it and why is it there...

I have a feeling I am over feeding I feed 2 algae wafers each day to my 6 loaches who are all about 2 inches long and red tail shark... I also have 3 small angels and small ram that also eat the algae wafers

Can you please help

Thanks Steph

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Where did you get the wood from? Did you boil it prior to putting it in. I think it's harmless but a fungus. You may want to remove the wood and clean it real good. Do a water change and gravel vac then when the wood is clean place it back in the tank. I've seen this before, I don't have an explanation as to why is happens though...

Where did you get the wood from? Did you boil it prior to putting it in. I think it's harmless but a fungus. You may want to remove the wood and clean it real good. Do a water change and gravel vac then when the wood is clean place it back in the tank. I've seen this before, I don't have an explanation as to why is happens though...

I don't think it's come from the wood in the photo... I've had it for 7 months and was in my other tank and was cleaned before putting it in... and yes all my wood has been boiled and cleaned a few times... This white stuff has only been around for a week or 2 and I've not put anything new into the tank in the last month It started on the glass then was on the gravel and has spread to the log

Could it be due to over feeding.... Mmmm thinking about it I've not long changed the make of algae wafers

Back
Top Bottom