Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-04-2006, 03:01 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Who CAN'T catch NTD?

I've got a 20H in mid-cycle with a small school of neons. About a week ago, I took out one specimen who was showing all the signs of neon tetra disease. I observed him as a I read up on the nasty little bug, determined that was his problem, and euthanized him last night. The others show no signs, so far... Anyway, not that I'll be adding anything until we come down off our nitrite spike, but I was planning on adding a trio of yoyo loaches and something in a gourami. Should I be worried about these species contracting NTD? How long should I watch the remaining neons before I can stop holding my breath? (Probably as long as I have them, given their tendency toward death). What I really want to hear is that I don't need to take the whole tank apart and sterilize it.

Old 10-04-2006, 08:08 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to PsiPro Send a message via MSN to PsiPro
http://freshaquarium.about.com/cs/di...eondisease.htm

Sounds like you can wait it out with those fish, if they survive your tank may be clean. If they die pour some bleach in the tank wait a few days and start over.

sorry man.

Old 10-05-2006, 04:05 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Loaches and gouramis cannot get NTD to the best of my knowledge.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com