WHY?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stephkcoates

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have tiger barbs and they keep dying idk why! Ive had 15 over the last month and 10 of them died and the 4 I'm left with are starting to stop swimming and I don't understand why we got the water checked and it was perfect my other fish haven't died at all tho it's just the barbs

What's the temperature, other fish and tank size. Also what filter are you using.

What's the temperature, other fish and tank size. Also what filter are you using.

Temperature is 76-78
My other fish are 4 Dalmatian mollies 3 balloon mollies the 4barbs 1 cat fish 1 algae eater 1 sunset gourami 3 mixed platys 1 angel and 4 other fish I'm not sure of the name but in the Molly family and a
I have a 55 gallon
And I have an under gravel filter and then a top filter

jw, what algae eater and cat fish, what type of mixed platy's, what type of other fish. This is very necessary.
If you want to keep more than 1 Dalmatian Molly, minimum recommend male to female ratio is 1:2 (M:F). You will be less likely to experience problem if you get even more females.
Suggestion: If you want to keep more than 1 Balloon Molly, minimum recommend male to female ratio is 1:2 (M:F). You will be less likely to experience problem if you get even more females.
Tiger Barb will likely to fin nip you're dalmatian molly, ballon molly and angel fish. Try increasing the number from 5-10.
At least 5 Tiger Barb are recommended in a group.
More information is a lot better. Also, they might be dying of stress due to these factors.

jw, what algae eater and cat fish, what type of mixed platy's, what type of other fish. This is very necessary.
If you want to keep more than 1 Dalmatian Molly, minimum recommend male to female ratio is 1:2 (M:F). You will be less likely to experience problem if you get even more females.
Suggestion: If you want to keep more than 1 Balloon Molly, minimum recommend male to female ratio is 1:2 (M:F). You will be less likely to experience problem if you get even more females.
Tiger Barb will likely to fin nip you're dalmatian molly, ballon molly and angel fish. Try increasing the number from 5-10.
At least 5 Tiger Barb are recommended in a group.
More information is a lot better. Also, they might be dying of stress due to these factors.

I'm not sure of the algae eater but I have a panda cat fish I'm also no sure of the mixed platys and I have 1 m Dalmatian Molly and 3 female and I have 1 make balloon Molly and 2 female and I had 5 barbs but one died that's why I only have 4 now but even with the 4 they haven't been fin nippers they pretty much mind their own business

I'm not sure of the algae eater but I have a panda cat fish I'm also no sure of the mixed platys and I have 1 m Dalmatian Molly and 3 female and I have 1 make balloon Molly and 2 female and I had 5 barbs but one died that's why I only have 4 now but even with the 4 they haven't been fin nippers they pretty much mind their own business
Then he might have died from stress, or was already dying when you bought him.

Yea I don't know it happened to me 3 times and I bought 5 each time
Well i now remember, sometimes when you add small schools like that to a new tank, some of them die. I recall happening to a few friends. I recommend buying a few more next time:/

Well i now remember, sometimes when you add small schools like that to a new tank, some of them die. I recall happening to a few friends. I recommend buying a few more next time:/

Okay thanks for the advice!!:)

I recommend getting your own water test kit with liquid tests. Often fish stores use test strips which are very unreliable. The API Freswater Master Test kit is a very good thing to have around.

I recommend getting your own water test kit with liquid tests. Often fish stores use test strips which are very unreliable. The API Freswater Master Test kit is a very good thing to have around.

Okay I'm going to have to get one of them thanks!

Back
Top Bottom